Luther vs Johnson

Monday, September 11, 2006

A Primary Eve E-Mail from Bill

Dear Friend,

My campaign for Attorney General is not about fancy mailings or public endorsements. The only endorsement I seek is your vote on Tuesday.

I am abiding by Minnesota's Fair Campaign Law with its spending limits so that Minnesotans, not money, decide this election. That means if I win the primary, the Republican candidate and I will be required to follow strict spending limits instead of a race where campaign spending becomes "the sky is the limit".

Last week I traveled over 1000 miles across Minnesota to hear from Minnesotans. They feel our leaders have the wrong priorities by funding sports stadiums while shortchanging education, public safety and health care. Voters want leaders who will do the right thing, not the political thing.

As your attorney general, I will always put principle over politics. I will follow in the proud tradition of Minnesota's great Attorneys General Mondale-Humphrey-Hatch. I will bring to the Attorney General's Office:

* my values of hard work and discipline from growing up on a family dairy farm in Greater Minnesota,
* my hands-on experience as the lead attorney in winning difficult cases for the "little guy" against corporate giants, and
* my leadership as a progressive Democrat in the Minnesota Legislature and U.S. Congress working with Mike Hatch to reform the healthcare and prescription drugs industries.

I am the candidate for attorney general who has the right priorities in fighting for Minnesota's families. Out-of-control oil companies are putting profits ahead of our families, farmers and businesses and crippling our economy and way of life. Minnesota led the nation against the tobacco and healthcare industries and we can do the same with big oil.

I ask for your VOTE on Tuesday and I hope you'll also remind your family, friends and neighbors to vote. Together we can put principle over politics and have a people's attorney as Attorney General!

Sincerely,

Bill